Spring is almost here!

The spring equinox, when spring officially begins, is at 7:21 p.m. Sunday, March 20.  Our days have been growing longer since the winter solstice. On March 20, there will be equal parts of both day and night, marking the spring equinox.

What do you like most about spring and what does it bring to your life? 

Spring brings to me new beginnings, beautiful flowers, slowly greening grass, buds on the trees and walking around outside barefoot!  It's a feeling of renewed hope and I love seeing all the beauty around me.  I absolutely love waking up to the sounds of the birds singing at the feeder.  I get to watch the deer running in the backyard (helping themselves to my plants that are trying to come up).  It's time to start planning the garden and what flowers I will add to my flower beds.  

I also love what spring brings to the people I love.  I get to see the smile on my husbands face when he pulls away in the convertible on a sunny day. He and our son go riding quads together and get covered in mud and act like they are young kids without a care in the world.  I get to take my girls shopping for spring clothes (that always puts a smile on a girls face) or sit at a baseball game with Ashley at the high school. 

What's the one thing I'm not thrilled about that spring brings?  Swim suit weather is right around the corner......never look forward to that.  So, we start watching everything we eat and start working out like crazy to make up for all the bad habits we pick up during the winter months.  Will I have my bathing suit body back in time for vacation in June?  We will just have to wait and see.

No matter how you ring in spring, take time to enjoy and really see all the beauty around you.  It doesn't cost a penny, will bring a smile to your face, and will lighten your mood.

Comments

Popular Posts