Celebrate your differences

Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm a self proclaimed tree hugger.  I was raised in the country and taught to respect all creatures big and small.  Loving and respecting animals, nature, and people have never been a problem for me.  I think that love for our planet and everything on it is where my desire for recycling and living more green comes from.  Yes, I recycle.  I have my sorting station in our garage.  All very organized and neat (usually).  As you can imagine, my husband just loves this.  Okay, that was sarcasm because he doesn't share my love for trees, being green or turning the garage into a recycle center.  His idea of a perfect garage includes about 5 cars, a couple four wheelers, two big tool boxes and a refrigerator full of his favorite adult beverage.  That's why we built a second garage out behind our home.  Now, we are both happy.  I think us being able to both compromise and meet in the middle is what keeps our almost 20 year marriage strong.  He doesn't complain when I use the front room as a meditation only room (no television) or take over the family room three days a week for yoga.  Likewise, I don't complain that our basement is now a bar complete with a keg and card table and big screen television.  We are complete opposites in so many ways.  But when it comes to the important things in life, we are on the same page.  I think that's why we work together in such perfect harmony.  If we were exactly alike we wouldn't challenge each other and that just wouldn't work for me.  I celebrate our differences!  I'm just glad I'm always right and my way is the right way. 

Comments

Popular Posts