The gift of breath

When I first started practicing yoga I never knew there was a right and wrong way to breathe.  I just did it without thought.  I never realized learning how to breath would add meaning to my life.  Seems funny to even write it.  Not only does it help during my working out but I also incorporated it into my everyday life.  I don't use "yoga breathing" in my everyday life, but I do take time each morning to really take deep, slow, intentional breaths in.  I now truly appreciate the gift of breathing.  We take so much for granted in our lives and through yoga and meditation I have learned not to do that.  Now, I don't take one minute (or breath) for granted. Tomorrow morning when you wake up, take a minute to breathe and just be in the moment.  Be grateful for the gifts and positive things you have in your life.  Take time to pray or meditate (or both) for the things you want to bring into your life and those around you.  You only need five minutes, but take as much time as you want.  You are worth five minutes a day, right?  Believe it, see it, and it will come to be.  Namaste!  

Comments

  1. I am beginning yoga soon, and I hadn't even thought about breathing! I like your blog. I'm going to spend some time reading now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts