Living more mindful

 Who else out there is on a path of continually trying to grow and improve who they are and how they show up in the world? I know it's not just me! What does that look like to you? I have to consistently remind myself to be in the moment. There are so many distractions with cell phones and social media.  There's so much noise all around us all the time.  I've had to work at shutting it out.  

I'm trying to live a more mindful life. I believe mindfulness shows up in different ways in our lives. I go out to the woods and hike or even just spend time sitting out in nature. I love the stillness and peace it brings to me.  I feel so connected to the trees and the sound of silence somehow resets my soul.  Taking shoes off and walking on the earth is even better!  I also hum and sing a lot. I will take this time to apologize to those around me for that!  I also start my day with a mantra handed down to me. It starts my morning on a positive note.  I simply repeat several times "thank you for divine order in every aspect of my life".  It brings my awareness to my mind and body and fills me with gratitude.  These moments of simple living are always very restorative for me.  It brings calm and quiet to me in an otherwise loud world. Mindfulness allows me to fully experience my life.  It helps me to be aware of my breath as well as all the senses of my body and mind. It makes me focus inward and helps work through emotions and negative feelings I might be experiencing.  This all helps me be a more empathic and compassionate person.  

I'm not great at meditating. The monkey mind is real! Meditation is a part of mindfulness to me.  I consider myself an informal meditator.  I don't schedule a time to practice.  I do it when I feel like I need to connect and calm down.  I like walking meditation or sitting outside in nature.  I simply close my eyes and become aware of my breath and every sound I hear.  When my attention wanders, I bring it back to the sounds I hear and how my body is feeling. It helps me connect to my heart.  I believe our heart being open is so important.  My heart is where I feel kindness, compassion, gratitude and love. I need to check in with my heart often to feed that positive spirit.

Wherever you are on your personal journey, I hope you stick with it.  It's not easy to connect to the essence of who we are. Sometimes we don't like what we see but we owe it to ourselves to stick with it and hang in there.  You will come to love and appreciate the person you uncover and those around you will benefit from your wisdom and love.        

In love and light,

Lisa



Comments

Popular Posts