Filled with gratitude


Do you keep a gratitude journal?  I always journaled on and off but nothing steady.  I started ninety days before I turned 51 keeping a gratitude journal.  I write down five things that I am grateful for each day.    I hoped by choosing five it would be easy to stick with.  I really wanted to see if taking the time to write it down (not just think about it) each day would help my gratitude grow.  It has been such a positive experience for me.  I have always felt like a generally happy person that doesn't take life for granted.  But, I notice that growing tremendously as I get older. It's interesting to look back over the past six months and read all the things in my life I have to be grateful for.  Sometimes they are simple things like the smell of coffee on the nightstand that my husband has fixed for me in the morning. Sometimes I get way deeper in my thoughts.

These days of uncertainty and fear brought on by the Coronavirus can make it rough to stay in a place of gratitude.  I suggest you create a gratitude journal for yourself and see if it helps ease some of the fear and anxiety.

         Looking at the picture from our vacation two years ago sure makes me grateful for the experience.

You can also read this and repeat it as much as needed!  You can follow my Instagram account at @justbe_happy51 for more.

With love and light,
Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts