New Decade

Can you believe it's 2020?  We have a new decade before us.  I have been alive to see 5 decades.  How awesome is that? The things I've been privileged to see and experience during my lifetime is pretty incredible.  I look forward to what will come in the next 5 decades!  Well that is assuming a lot!  I honestly take no day for granted let alone the next decade.  Which brings me to how I finished off 2019.

I made a promise to myself for the last few months of 2019.  I started creating a new habit.  I wrote down 5 things I was grateful for each day.  I have done this kind of thing before off and on but for whatever reason never truly stuck with it.  This time I have kept it going faithfully and I'm still doing it.  It's nice when a rough day comes to look back on the simple things that brought gratitude into my life. I chose to make it 5 things because it only takes a few minutes out of the day so it's easy to stick with.  Are you someone that makes lots of resolutions? Do you make them too cumbersome (like I have in the past)?  It's unrealistic to stick with them if you don't make them fit into your life.  Life gets busy and you need to make goals or resolutions with where you are in life in mind.  You don't want to set yourself up to fail before you've even got started!  That's not to say you shouldn't push yourself a little to create goals that take life in the direction you want it to go.  You should always be pushing forward and holding yourself accountable.  Just don't forget to be gentle with yourself!  

When I was younger and made a promise to myself I often wouldn't stick to it. Now that I am older, I tend to keep promises I make to myself.  I have the mindset of making the most out of the life I was lucky enough to get to live.  I want to always be pushing forward and creating something positive in my life and others. Do you believe that your thoughts help create your life? I absolutely do. That's why I work very hard to stay in a grateful, positive place.  It's served me well for 51 years so that is a habit and goal I will keep on my list!

What are some goals you set for yourself in this new decade?      

With love and light,
Lisa


Comments

Popular Posts