Thank you for one more year!

Happy birthday to me! 

I'm so incredibly thankful for another birthday!  Today marks 48 years of learning, growing and living!  I came into the world to a loving father, mother and big brother. Together they showed me unconditional love, faith and to respect what really matters. Those lessons have sustained me all my life. But I have expanded those lessons into the way I live my life everyday. 

I'm unbelievably happy Ken came into my life. I still smile when I look at him. He makes me laugh everyday and that's so important to me. He shows love to me in little ways and I never want to know what life would be like with him not in it. We are opposite in so many ways but alike on the things that matter. He allows me to grow my spirit and work to become what I was put here to be. Even if at times I'm sure he doesn't understand it. That's true love and we are bonded in a way I never thought possible. I feel like we've grown up together and we bring out the best in each other. This is the live I want our kids to experience. 

Speaking of our children...  I hope our (grown) children have known they were loved everyday of their lives. I never want them to doubt my love for even a second. They have brought me more joy and pride (and a few grey hairs) than I thought possible. I wasn't a perfect parent but I promise I did the best I knew  at the time and you have my unconditional love forever. Thank you for the hugs, love, Barclay family dinners inappropriate talk & for being authentic. Each one of you bring something different into my life and I'm grateful for each moment I get to spend with you.  I will be so happy when you make me a grandma! Whenever that may come.  You know I had to throw that grandma part in there. That time is for you to decide because it's not about me!

Huge shout out to all my friends, family and coworkers. I'm surrounded by positive people in my life which is so important to me! You feed my soul and push me to be better in ways you probably aren't even aware of.   I have a great life and each one of you are a part of that. I'm forever grateful to each and everyone of you! 

In love and light,
Lisa~





Comments

  1. Happy Bday to a truely beuutiful person inside and out! I love you!!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri! I love you so much and you felt like my sister from day one! XO Lisa

      Delete
  2. I felt you were right by my side as I read this beautiful birthday message. So truly grateful to call you my friend. You have inspired me to live my life with joy and authenticity. My love, hugs and smiles across the globe to you every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you Debra but even with you so far away I feel you with me. You have such great energy and live with intention. You are such a giving person! The world is so lucky to have you in it! Love you my friend Take care ~ Lisa

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts