Wow, 2011 is half way over already

This year is half over, we will never get 2011 back.  Have you done everything you wanted to this year?  I'm not one that makes New Year resolutions only to turn around a month later and break them.  If you make and keep them, then you are much better than I am.  I do make goals for myself and my life though.  Have you  learned anything new this year about yourself? I learned a lot about myself actually.  Here are a few....

1).  I judge people way more than I should.  That needs to change.  Who am I to judge anyone.  Last time I checked I was not perfect so what right do I have to judge another human being??  I now set a goal to work on that.  When I find myself saying something I think could be judgmental, I say to my family "is that a judging word?" So they are helping me stay on task.

2).  Some thoughts on happiness....  Spread authentic, happy, enthusiastic loving energy to the world so the world will give that back to you.  Happiness comes easiest to those who promote happiness in others.  Gratefulness is a practice, just like happiness is a choice. That last one is something I heard Russell Simmons say and it has stuck with me this year.

3). Life is precious.  I have always been aware of this but never as much as this week.  We had a friend take their own life this week.  It's very sad and heartbreaking that they felt that was the only way to go.  Meanwhile, we have another friend fighting cancer with every ounce of her being.  She is having a tough fight and I'm trying to be supportive but it's also another reminder of how fragile life is.  To her I say.... Lord, I ask you to turn her weakness into strength, her suffering into compassion, her sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for Darlene. May she trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of this suffering. Let her be filled with patience in your presence as she waits for your healing touch. Hug those you love and tell them how you feel about them everyday.  You never know what tomorrow will bring.

4). I've learned I need my husband in my life and I'm so lucky to have him.  I think the longer we are together, the more he means to me.  He's so supportive and such a blessing.  I never knew that love like ours really existed in this world.  I can't wait to walk in the door and see him everyday after all these years.  Our marriage is really a 100% effort on both sides.  Most people say it's 50 50 I feel like it needs to be 100 100 to work.  I refuse to say "he's my soul mate" because that is way too over used. All I will say is I'm with the person that I'm meant to be with for eternity.  

5).  I've learned that the 40's brings with them a slower metabolism. This is a challenge for me.  I have to watch what I eat and how much I'm working out for the first time in a long time and I'm not sure I like that lol.  I have to control sugar consumption and read labels and I'm thinking I may as well get used to that cause I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.

Take a minute to think about what you've learned about yourself so far this year.  If the answer is nothing.....than you need to take some "me" time.  Everyone deserves some "me" time, that's something else I learned this year.
 

Comments

Popular Posts