Renewed

I'm back from a week at the beach with my family.  I feel a sense of renewed energy and just plain inspired.  There is something that happens when I'm sitting there listening and watching the waves roll in and out.  The sound of the ocean is so soothing and takes me to a beautiful place in my mind.  I feel like the universe is urging us all to remember our purpose for being on this great Earth.  At least that's what came to me as I was just being still and meditating to the beautiful sounds of the ocean.  I used to write every night in a grateful journal.  I stopped when work got overwhelming with the long 6 day weeks and 10 plus hour days.  I realize now that is when I should have been taking the time to write in it.  When things get overwhelming is when we need to be reminded of the gifts in our lives and the little things that make us so happy to be alive.  I took the time to read through that journal when I got home.  It makes me smile to remember just how fortunate I am and how much I appreciated the little things that made such a difference in my life. 

So, goal number one is to get back to being grateful for the little gifts in my life that make me who I am. Goal number two, add another day of yoga to my schedule.  It makes me feel alive and it's the one thing I do for me.  After I accomplish those I will add more.  I feel like we should always be pushing to live our best life and fulfill our lifes purpose.  Do you know what your lifes purpose is? I'm still working at figuring it out and that is a beautiful thing.

This is the group we took on vacation with us.  Starting left is our youngest Ashley, her boyfriend Andrew,
our oldest daughter Stephanie, her boyfriend Cody, Kassie is with our son Kyle. 



Ken and I with our amazing children.  I am blessed to be their mother and Ken's wife.


Comments

Popular Posts