In honor of Mothers Day


In honor of Mothers Day tomorrow, I would like to let everyone know how lucky I am to be blessed with my mother.  In my opinion my mom is the definition of what a giver is.  She is the most selfless person I know and always has been.  I don't think she has ever put her self first.  When she "gives" it's never for selfish reasons or to make herself feel better. It's always with love and from the heart.  My mother has taught me all the important things in life.  She instilled in me all the things that money can't buy.  Such as honesty, integrity, putting others before yourself, praying and believing in something bigger than yourself.  She taught me to always work hard and have good work ethics, enjoy nature and take time to see all the beauty that surrounds you everyday and one of the most important things, always be able to laugh at yourself. 

Relay for Life~ Honoring all us cancer survivors.
My mom is a survivor too.  Things have not always been easy for her and she has had tough times to get through.  Her mother passed away when she was young and she doesn't have a lot of memories of her.  I believe my mom is just like my grandma and grandma was in her life long enough to teach her the important things.  She got her love and heart from someone and I believe it's grandma.  Her and my father lost my brother David, their first born child, which is a pain I can't imagine having to bare.  She is a cancer survivor too!  I think faith and hope has been what has helped her get through the hard times in her life. 

I have always admired my mother and all her strength and how she doesn't let anything get her down for too long.  I love that she is comfortable with who she is and doesn't try to be something she isn't.  She is one of the few people who are their authentic self and that is something I thrive to be as I get older.  So mom I honor you this and everyday and I'm truly grateful that you are my mom, my friend and my role model.  I love you more than words can say and more than I will ever be able to show you. 

My amazing parents.

Yoga with me and Ashley. 
She has always taken great care of herself.

Comments

Popular Posts